5th-COSMO-RS-Symposium (March 6-8, 2018)
The last COSMO-RS Symposium in 2015 was a great success with many interesting talks and fruitful discussions. In a continued effort to provide a regular platform for scientific exchange, we are now planning the 5th COSMO-RS Symposium.
We welcome all people who are interested in the COSMO-RS methodology with all of its extensions, including long-term users, fresh users, as well as newcomers. As usual, it will be an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences in the context of COSMO-RS, or just to learn the basics from our team as well as from other users.
- Thermodynamic equilibria and phase diagrams: VLE, LLE, SLE
- Ionic liquids and electrolyte systems
- Screening solvents, co-solvents, entrainers
- Pharmaceutical development
- Drug design
- Environmental applications
- Inhomogeneous systems: micelles, phase boundaries, micro-emulsions
- Other applications: chromatography, QSPR, polymers, ...
- COSMO-RS modifications, parameterizations, extensions
- Comparisons of COSMO-RS with other methods
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Oliver Koch, Linde Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Irina Smirnova, Institut für Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, TU Hamburg-Harburg
- Dr. Simone Tomasi, Astra Zeneca
- Dr. Rainer Wilcken, Novartis
- Prof. Michelle L. Coote, Research School of Chemistry, Australian, National University, Canberra
- Tuesday morning: Introductory lecture for COSMO-RS newcomers.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: One and a half day of presentations on the various applications and theoretical aspects of COSMO-RS.
- Tuesday evening we will have an extended poster session with buffet dinner, beer and discussions.
- Thursday morning there will be workshops for TURBOMOLE, COSMOtherm and other COSMOlogic tools for those in software training.
- Registration is open (Insures preferred hotel reservation)
- Oral presentation submission until 31. Dec. 2017
- Poster abstracts until 15. Feb. 2018