TURBOMOLE was initially developed at the University of Karlsruhe and the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH. Since June 2007 TURBOMOLE has been developed by Turbomole GmbH, which also holds the intellectual property rights.
Though Turbomole GmbH is responsible for major aspects of the scientific development, the feedback and contributions from TURBOMOLE users around the world have found their way into the releases. We thank you all for making TURBOMOLE possible!
The philosophy behind the development of the code was, and still is, its usefulness for applications:
“Applications to molecules with more than 100 atoms - of all kinds - are mainly carried out in connection with experiments to check, correct and to predict properties of molecules and their existence.”
(Prof. Ahlrichs, 1999, Initiator of TURBOMOLE)
The main developers are (see also Founders of Turbomole GmbH):
- Prof. Dr. Reinhart Ahlrichs at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Filipp Furche at University of Irvine, California
- Prof. Dr. Christof Hättig at the Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Willem Klopper at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Marek Sierka at the University of Jena, Germany
- PD Dr. Florian Weigend at the Institute for Nanotechnology, Research Center Karlsruhe, Germany
COSMOlogic has been granted the exclusive responsibility for the distribution, support, and software maintenance of TURBOMOLE. COSMOlogic develops and provides the free graphical frontend TmoleX for TURBOMOLE.
TURBOMOLE Support Team: email@example.com
If you are interested in making contributions to the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the developers directly.